The fifty series line of Galaxy A is very popular for the hardware and value. In the past, Galaxy A51 made sales records and after that Galaxy A52s 5G came. Now in 2022, the company has launched Samsung Galaxy A53 5G in the Nepali market. It is the successor of Galaxy A52 and A52s 5G. This is a proper mid-range smartphone with a price in the $500 range. Galaxy A53 brings a brand new Exynos processor, quad cameras, OIS, a high refresh rate screen, and a few more features.
Samsung Nepal has launched its entire 2022 A-series mid-range line of products in the market. This includes Samsung Galaxy A73 5G and Galaxy A33 5G. The company has made many changes in these new phones this year. So let us discuss the features and changes in brief.
Also Read: Samsung Mobile Price in Nepal
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Specs and Overview
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 74.8 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 189g
- Display: 6.5 Inches Super AMOLED
- Resolution: 1080×2400
- Refresh Rate: 120 Hz
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- SoC: Exynos 1280 (Octa-Core)
- CPU Details: 2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 Dual-Core and 2.0 GHz Cortex-A55 Hexa-Core sets
- GPU: Mali-G68
- Memory: 6/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Storage: 128/256 GB Onboard, 1 TB Micro SD card support
- Battery: 5000 mAh Lithium Polymer
- Fast Charging Rate: 25 W (Wired)
- Back Camera: 4 Modules
- 64 Megapixel with f/1.8 aperture (Main Wide, PDAF, OIS)
- 12 Megapixels with f/2.2 aperture (Ultrawide, 123˚ FoV)
- 5 Megapixel with f/2.4 aperture (Macro)
- 5 Megapixel with f/2.4 aperture (Depth)
- Video- 4K at 30 fps, 1080p at 30, 60 fps
- Front Camera: 32 Megapixel with f/2.2 aperture (Wide)
- Video- 4K at 30 fps, 1080p at 30 fps
- OS: Android 12 (One UI 4.1)
- Connectivity: USB Type-C
- Sensors: Optical under-display fingerprint scanner, Accelerometer, Barometer, Compass, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor, Virtual Proximity
Design and Build
Galaxy A53 has a plastic body of 159.6 x 74.8 x 8.1 dimensions and 189g weight. It has thin bezels all around and a very thin chin at the bottom. The phone has a flat back with a camera island and curved side rail. The right side of the A53 has a power button and volume rocker. Similarly, the bottom side has a USB Type-C port, speaker grille, and hybrid SIM card plus SD card slot.
Galaxy A53 has a plastic body with a nice look and finish. It also has an IP67 rating which means it is protected from dust and water up to 1m for 30 mins. This is a fantastic feature to have on a phone in this price range. Very few phones offer IP ratings at below flagship price tag.
Internal Hardware: Processor, RAM, Battery
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is using Exynos 1280 processor with Mali-G68 and 6 GB base RAM. This is a very new processor and it is one of the first phones to use it. Samsung is using Snapdragon only in A73 this time. So this is a very important change or upgrade to notice. In the case of software, Samsung is providing Android 12 with the latest One UI. Moreover, according to the previous announcement, the new phones will get OS updates for 4 years.
The A53 is using a 5000 mAh battery. It has maximum 25W fast charge support. Samsung is now using faster charging speeds with its new phones. However, the retail box of A53 won’t ship with a charger. The box will only provide a USB Type-C to Type-C cable and in our view, that’s not enough. This means no earphones or chargers at all. Overall, there are two main things here. First is that Samsung has absolutely removed the 3.5mm headphone jack in the A-series phones and they have also stopped shipping chargers and earphones.
We understand that purchasing a TWS earphone is expensive when you are on a budget, so we advise you to buy a USB Type-C earphone for your music need. In spite of all these, one plus point is that there are stereo speakers and Doby Atmos.
Displays and Cameras
Samsung Galaxy A53 has a 6.5″ Super AMOLED screen at the front with 1080×2400 resolution, 120 Hz refresh rate, and 411 PPI pixel density. There is a Gorilla Glass 5 on top and a maximum of 800 nits brightness. The screen is called Infinity-O Display and has a hole punch with a 32 MP front camera that supports 4K recording. We like the fact that there is a 4K video recording in the selfie camera because most phones from competitors don’t have this luxury.
Coming towards the backside, there is a set of 4 cameras. The primary camera is a 64 MP wide-angle sensor with OIS and PDAF, the secondary camera is a 12 MP ultrawide and the other two cameras are a 5 MP depth-sensing module and a 5 MP macro camera. This rear camera setup of A53 is capable of UHD video recording or 4K at 30 fps and has electronic stabilization as well.
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Price in Nepal and Availability
The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G price in Nepal is Rs 55,999 for the (8/128 GB) variant. It is available in Black and Blue color options. The retail box doesn’t ship with any charger or earphones. Galaxy A53 is available for purchase in offline stores, showrooms, and online platforms. You can purchase the mobile from our Daraz link down below.
- AMOLED Screen with 120 Hz refresh rate
- Dual Stereo Speaker and Dolby Atmos
- IP67 Rating
- Optical Image Stabilization on 64 MP main camera
- 4K video recording on the both front and back cameras
- No charger inside the box
- No 3.5mm headphone jack